Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

ARCHIVED - Third-Party Authorization for Foreign Race Inter-Track Betting–Application Approvals of Telephone Account Betting Methods

Warning This page has been archived.

Archived Content

Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.


Canadian horse racing associations are required to make applications for authorization to conduct Foreign Race Inter-Track Betting, in particular, for Telephone Account Betting methods (FRITB-TAB).

The Canadian Pari-Mutuel Agency (CPMA) approved and implemented an application process whereby one racing association acting as the agent for one or more other racing associations submits a single application for a racing event, rather than each association applying individually.

Implementing this streamlined application process will reduce the burden for racing associations to complete and submit required authorization forms individually.

Target Audience:

All Canadian horse racing associations that offer FRITB-TAB methods of pari-mutuel betting.

Start Date and End Date:

Implemented for the 2010 calendar year; will remain ongoing for each application year.

Responsible Department or Agency:

Canadian Pari-Mutuel Agency (CPMA)




In 2010, which was the first year of this initiative, 423 multiple third-party agent applications were received, representing more than 25 per cent of the 1,690 overall submissions. These FRITB-TAB applications are received on a regular and ongoing basis. Each application received is reviewed for completeness and accuracy of information before authorization is provided in writing. In addition, CPMA’s Quality Assurance program reviews a statistically valid random sampling of these forms and reports on an annual basis.



For additional information, please contact:

Collin Baird
Telephone: 613-949-0740