Members of the Commission
The Red Tape Reduction Commission was composed of parliamentarians and members of the private sector.
The Honourable Tony Clement, President of the Treasury Board and Minister for Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario: Lead Minister for the red tape reduction exercise.
The Honourable Maxime Bernier, Minister of State (Small Business and Tourism): Chair of the Commission.
- Mr. Dean Allison, Member of Parliament (Niagara West-Glanbrook)
- Ms. Lois Brown, Member of Parliament (Newmarket-Aurora)
- Ms. Cathy McLeod, Member of Parliament (Kamloops-Thompson-Cariboo)
- The Honourable Rob Moore, Member of Parliament (Fundy Royal)
- Mr. Chris Warkentin, Member of Parliament (Peace River)
- Mr. William Aho, Central Mechanical Systems, Ltd.
- Mr. Bernard Bélanger, Premier Tech
- Mr. Stirling MacLean, WearWell Garments Ltd.
- Mr. Gord Peters, Cando Contracting, Ltd.
- Mr. Denis Prud'homme, former owner of Prud'homme Trucking
- Ms. Catherine Swift, Canadian Federation of Independent Business